New Adventure Treatment Center focuses for an intense 90-day period on solving addiction for the total person, not just solving the physical addiction. We also work with the spiritual, emotional, and social side of your boy, and begin to prepare him for a new and more productive life, post-addiction.
All aspects of our program are focused on achieving abstinence from alcohol and other drugs, and most importantly, on building the foundation to support recovery for a lifetime, including spiritual and educational recovery.
- Spiritually: we know that the student’s symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of past abuses is necessary. Biblical studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We try to instill principles of fitness and self-care into the lives of our students. It also helps with the healing of the brain and stabilization of behavior.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: Clients undergo diagnostic testing and assessment designed to identify academic proficiency and/or deficits. They are assisted in developing appropriate skills related to education and life success. Special attention is given to helping clients develop skills necessary to overcome educational deficits and/or learning disabilities. Behavioral observations are made, and feedback is given to clients throughout each session.
Why Choose Our Program First?
90-day residential recovery programs like New Adventure Treatment Center differ from typical short-term programs you hear so much about. Short-term “revolving door” programs are visited again and again by relapsed addicts, temporarily solving the addiction, but never solving the core of the problem so the addiction comes right back again. So, the addict has to return to rehabs, again and again, costing them, their insurance carrier, or their family tens of thousands of dollars each time. Every day, New Adventure Treatment Center enrolls boys who have previously attended other costly short-term rehabs, to no avail.
So, why is New Adventure Treatment Center different? It is one of few programs that dedicate a longer period to work with each boy. The day-to-day structure, community, and faith emphasis over an extended period of time bring the boys slowly out of drug-impacted thinking into an awareness of a purpose for their life and a new way of thinking and living. Such a new purpose and way of living is one that has no place for abusing drugs or alcohol. Addiction is replaced by self-love, peace, happiness, purpose, and excitement for the future. We also work with your insurance:
- NATC utilizes evidence-based intervention endorsed by SAMSHA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration).
- While not a 12-step program, NATC integrates elements of the 12-step model into its treatment.
- NATC is a part of Teen Challenge International and utilizes its curriculum and faith-based approach, which has been the leading faith-based drug and alcohol intervention program in the world for the past 60 years.
Licenses, Accreditations, and Certifications
- Licensed with the Arkansas Department of Human Services and Division of Behavioral Health Services
- Licensed with the Arkansas Division of Children and Family Services as a Licensed Residential Childcare Facility
- Accredited with the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), in the following areas:
- Residential Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Children and Adolescents)
- Day Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Children and Adolescents)
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Children and Adolescents)
We are Certified through LegitScript —
We’re LegitScript-certified! LegitScript certification demonstrates that our facility complies with LegitScript’s certification standards, which help ensure transparency and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. LegitScript is the industry leader in merchant and advertiser certification and monitoring in the e-commerce and payment sectors.
- We also accredited with Adult & Teen Challenge USA
Will Forced Avoidance of Substances Solve the Problem?
The short answer is “No.” Detoxing and keeping an individual from drugs or alcohol only lasts as long as the addict is in a very controlled environment. After that, if other life issues are not deal with, the addict will return to the addiction. This isn’t because it is a disease — it is a learned behavior for covering up the individual’s hurts and longings and it feels really good, at first.
New Adventure Treatment Center separates the boys from addicting substances for a longer period, but the harder work they do is to replace the addiction with a whole new way of living. They gradually work the individual back into the community, with a new goal in life and as they have the strength to avoid negative behaviors and environments on their own.
New Adventure Treatment Center centers also teach responsibility, work ethic and pride in work. More importantly, they instill truthfulness and trustworthiness in each individual, which are the cornerstones of relationships and responsibilities.
Our Definition of Addiction
Addiction is characterized by an individual’s progressive loss of control over the continuing use of a substance or behavior. The user becomes obsessed with the substance or behavior despite adverse consequences and vigorously denies the existence of a problem if confronted. The user will do just about anything to maintain their addiction, so it affects not only the individual person but can also be damaging to families, relationships, careers, and many other aspects of life. The New Adventure Treatment Center residential programs are designed to provide long-term recovery from such addictions.
At the core of the New Adventure Treatment Center program is this principle…
“God’s love has the power to reach and transform every addict, offering them a life of truth, peace, and purpose. Our goal is to clear the addict’s mind and provide the right motivations, environment, training, and mentorship to support this transformation. So, if your teenage boy is on the downward spiral of substance abuse, contact a New Adventure Treatment Center. It’s our goal that NATC will be the last rehab program your boy will ever need.”